Saturday, May 15, 2010

Battle Buddies...

I've really been feeling down lately. Don't get me wrong...I'm not depressed or anything and I've been making sure that I stay soaked in His Word and surrounded by His children to encourage me. I have made sure to find reasons to be happy and praise God every day!

However, one thing I've noticed in the past two years of raising support is that in the front lines of a battle, one needs a companion. My friend returned from war in Iraq last summer and while she was away, all she could tell me was that she missed her friends & family. She wanted desperately companionship that would keep her mentally, emotionally & spiritually strong while she was away. Connecting with me & her family on the phone once in a while was NOT good enough.

I'm blessed to say God has brought encouraging friends into my life during this time of raising support but I'm even more blessed to say He's NEVER LET ME GO! This song has truly reminded me of that!

"I can see a light that is coming for the hear that holds on and there will be an end to these troubles, but until that day comes, still I will praise You! You never let go, through the calm and through the storm. You never let go, every high and every low, YOU NEVER LET GO OF ME!"

No comments:

Post a Comment