Wednesday, March 25, 2015

The Deaf Community & My Heart

Yes, I am still a missionary with Cru who is a caring community, passionate about connecting people to Jesus Christ. Actually, I'm the state director for Cru on colleges in New Jersey, known as Jersey Metro .... BUT My heart is still to reach the Deaf community and connect them with their Creator and another community - the family of God.


**That's why I love that Cru sent this open letter to the Deaf just last week.**


I graduated Kean University in 2007 and have worked with Cru since. I am still working on developing multi-ethnic movements in NJ with Cru but one day I hope to serve with a Deaf Cru movement, like at the National Technical Institute of the Deaf in Rochester, New York (NTID). Who knows, maybe I will help start a Christian Cru movement at Gallaudet University!!!

For now, I continue to stay connected with my former professor, Dr. Goodman, and the students studying American Sign Language at Kean University. I hope their interactions with me show that not all Christians are pushy and "force their faith" on others, but are willing to "listen/see" others for who they are and where they are.

So April 1st, I will be supporting the Deaf community and those who care to communicate with them at Kean University, at 6pm. Will you care to join me in developing friendships in this way? It will be a FUN SHOW for the Deaf and hearing alike!

Deaf Jam IV - Through the Decades:



**At the end of April, we hope to get The Hilarious Magic of Sam Sandler, a deaf magician who has performed over 8000 shows in 45 states! Just last year he performed over 400 shows in 40 states alone! He is a full-time evangelist and has spoken in churches from Montana to Puerto Rico and for organizations such as Jews for Jesus. Pray with us as we continue to raise funds and book the theater for April 23rd at Kean University as well! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment