Monday, January 8, 2018

Dec. 2017 - To Proclaim






“But you are a chosen race, a royal priesthood, a holy nation, a people for his own possession, that you may proclaim the excellencies of him who called you out of darkness into his marvelous light.” - 1 Peter 2:9

Lately my job has included balancing several responsibilities with Cru to ultimately proclaim the excellencies of God. My main responsibility is to raise my full financial support so that I’d be ready to go to Orlando by May and report to my role with Culture & Mission full-time.

While this initially was my focus, I’ve found it difficult to give my full attention to this goal while so many in Puerto Rico have been suffering the last 90+ days. After the relief trip I took first week of October, I organized sending goods down there and helping Cru think through next steps. I also recently returned from my second trip to Puerto Rico where we filmed a video that we hope will help us raise support for those on the island-territory who are in need.




When I’m not raising financial support or working to help see the people of Puerto Rico reached with the compassion and truth of the Gospel, I am doing things that fall in line with my new role in Culture & Mission. For the last month, I’ve been preparing to co-lead a seminar at Winter Conference and preparing to host the Lenses Institute with Cru in February. The seminar will be called “Displaying God’s love in a Racially Tense U.S.” and talk through Micah 6:8. God is most glorified as we display love for one another and not only “do justice” but also love kindly and walk humbly with God. If our response to racially tense events is always about justice, we don’t show God’s compassion and ultimately display a wrong view of salvation. I’m excited to give this talk at the end of December with my friend and co-laborer, Mark Scott. In February I will host LENSES in NYC, which exists to help the people of God fight for oneness by influencing the way Christian leaders see, understand, and act in our ethnically and culturally diverse world. Visit LENSESinstitute.com to learn more.


Please pray for me to balance all these things well as I’m also excited to to soon step into my role full-time after raising the last $ of monthly support.




No comments:

Post a Comment