Thursday, November 6, 2014

Take your daughter to work day!

As a full-time missionary, every day is “take your daughter to work” day. J I get the privilege of following my Father and not only watching Him work, but also taking part in it.
My papi and I enjoying Ice Cream! (91)

I remember as a child going with my father, David, to his job as a Metropolitan Transportation Authority station clerk. I was too young to see over the counter, but he would sit me on his high stool and proudly introduce me to the patrons that visited the booth. Some times he would give me a stack of bills to count and I felt SO important and helpful. I realize now, as an adult, that he probably already counted that money before giving it to his 9-year-old child, but I still felt so special!

Recently the Father invited me into His work with the national organization of Cru. I’m currently the female director of Jersey Metro Cru working with various campus movements across the state.
Bottom row, third from left, surrounded by lovers of Jesus!

An invitation to our headquarters in Orlando was the last thing I expected. In August, the national director of the campus ministry of Cru invited me along with several other ethnic minority leaders across the nation to bring a new perspective to the strategic planning process. Each day that we met, we bathed our time in prayer, listened to the Holy Spirit for guidance, and shared with each other where we would love to see our movements go.


I was so honored to be invited to take part of such a significant time in Christian history with the world’s largest, non-church based, Christian organization discussing how to invite 1 million Christians to multiply their faith by 2020 across the U.S.A!

Recently my 7-year-old niece and 4-year-old nephew joined me at a Missions Conference at their home church in NYC. They were so excited to help me serve God by handing out business cards to the room full of missionaries Calvary Baptist has supported for 75 years! LOL

Isn’t this true of our relationship with our heavenly Father? Every day, the ONE in charge of the world is inviting us to join His work in people’s lives. And although sometimes it may seem we are just handing out everystudent.com cards… still, what an honor! Thanks for helping me take part! 

No comments:

Post a Comment